Tiger Woods on comeback trail

Tiger Woods on comeback trail

"I'm loving life now".

This is the second consecutive year he has attempted a return to golf at the Hero World Challenge, this one following his fourth back surgery (a fusion) in April 2017.

During his hiatus from golf, Woods was arrested for a DUI near his home in south Florida in May. The 14-time major victor is coming back following a lengthy recuperation from his latest back operation.

"I am a little surprised", Woods said.

"I missed being able to play golf with my friends. I have gotten really close to them and now I want to see how I compete against all these guys", Woods told a select group of media. "So as my back improved, I've been able to start sleeping again because I don't have the nerve pain going down my leg, I don't have the leg twitching all over the place, I don't have these issues anymore". That might have been the last time he had reasonable health.

But because Tiger is playing in a tournament for the first time since early February and following yet another back surgery, this is far from your typical silly-season event.

Eldrick Tont "Tiger" Woods is back and the world is watching.

"I thought, 'How long will this fused back hold up?'" Woods noted.

Tiger has 79 PGA Tour wins and 12 more internationally.

"It could be the next step, I just don't know and that's tough to live with", Woods added to Golf Channel. "I hadn't done that in two years". I didn't realize how bad my back had become and how much I was flinching and just how slow I was.

Last year, Woods also returned from another lengthy absence at the Hero World Challenge and tied for the tournament lead with 24 birdies overall.

Lewis also asked Woods if he considered retiring from the sport to which Woods responded, "I don't know if retirement is the word, but I didn't think I could ever play golf with my friends again because I spent most of past year in bed". He then flew to Dubai and withdrew after a 77, citing back spasms. While it was a challenge to balance the variety of medications he was on at the time, Woods feels great to have got through it all. He said when he looks back on his performance previous year in the Bahamas, it seems as though he were in slow motion.

"I've been in bed for about two years and haven't been able to do much".

The tournament starts Thursday. I played around with DJ and Rickie the other day and I would like to see how good my skills are.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Man's plot to shoot revellers in Melbourne on Dec 31 foiled
Nov 29, 2017 - 01:25
Police arrested the man - a Muslim born to Somali parents - after he attempted to purchase an automatic rifle. Victoria Police says the operation is ongoing, however police do not anticipate further arrests.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top MacOS gives users full admin rights without password
Nov 29, 2017 - 01:23
Apple has a bug bounty program where it pays researchers for discovering unknown security bugs. "We'll meet up with you there". It can't be stressed enough: This is a critical security flaw that all Apple laptop and desktop owners shouldn't ignore.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Uber in Israel ordered to shut down ride-sharing service
Nov 29, 2017 - 01:23
Despite this, Uber's taxi service, separate from the ride-sharing program, will be allowed to continue. The injunction will take effect on Wednesday at 10:00 am.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Stokes to play for Canterbury?
Nov 29, 2017 - 01:20
Stokes was dropped from the England tour to Australia while being investigated for an alleged assault in Bristol earlier this year.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top South Korea taunts North Korea over defector's escape
Nov 28, 2017 - 01:51
Command and by North Korea, with South Korean and North Korean border guards facing each other only a feet apart. Defections across the border-one of the most militarized in the world-are extremely rare.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Meredith Corp. acquires Time Inc. in $2.8 billion Koch-backed deal
Nov 28, 2017 - 01:48
The US$18.50-a-share offer is an all-cash one, Meredith said in a statement on Sunday. This was the third time Meredith attempted to acquire Time since 2013.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Saudi vows new Islamic alliance 'will wipe terrorists from the earth'
Nov 27, 2017 - 03:21
Earlier in November, around 200 Saudi elites including princes, ministers and business tycoons were arrested or sacked. The IMCTC announced in December 2015, is a coalition of 41 Muslim countries against terrorism and violent extremism.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Rance Howard, Actor and the Father of Ron Howard, Dies at 89
Nov 27, 2017 - 03:11
Rance Howard had appeared in numerous films, starting with " Frontier Woman " in 1956 and ending with " Nebraska " in 2013. Ron Howard , who as a child played Opie Taylor on TV's " The Andy Griffith Show ", went on to become a director.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Germany crisis: Merkel faces pressure for quick coalition talks
Nov 27, 2017 - 03:10
A breakthrough could come on Thursday, when President Frank-Walter Steinmeier hosts talks between Merkel, Seehofer, and Schulz. To that end, last week Merkel commented that she would be open to new elections instead of creating a minority government.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump attacks opponent of controversial Senate candidate Roy Moore
Nov 27, 2017 - 02:56
Trump reminded his followers of that fact in a tweet Sunday morning. Another woman has accused him of attempted rape when she was 16.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Turning into a Sunny Sunday!
Nov 27, 2017 - 02:31
We'll go from the 60s on Saturday , down to the 50s on Sunday , then eventually back to the 60s through the middle of next week. By sunrise Monday morning, temperatures will range from 32-34 degrees as high pressure moves back into the region.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Love jihad? Hadiya arrives in Delhi for SC hearing amid tight security
Nov 27, 2017 - 02:31
Meanwhile, Hadiya has been in her Parent's house since May 24, and she has not stepped outside the house since then. Asokan has pleaded that his family's suffering should not be reduced to a public spectacle or a reality show.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Pelosi declines to call for Conyers' resignation
Nov 27, 2017 - 02:13
Conyers, who has served in Congress since the 1960s, has been embattled since a BuzzFeed report this week. His decision comes ahead of a congressional probe into allegations of sexual harassment made against him.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Train derailment: Railway Ministry announces ex-gratia
Nov 27, 2017 - 01:47
In a separate incident in Uttar Pradesh's Amethi, a local train hit a Bolero auto , killing four and injuring two. Railway minister Piyush Goyal announced compensation for the families of those killed in the accident.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump weighs in on sexual assault allegations against Roy Moore
Nov 26, 2017 - 02:29
Republican Roy Moore is touting President Donald Trump's near-endorsement of him in a new fundraising email to supporters. In this regard, he was referring to allegations of Moore's sexual misconduct with a 14-year-old, when he was 32.