Olivia Newton-John Reveals She Has Cancer For Third Time

I believe I will win: In a candid interview on Sunday Night Olivia Newton John discussed her current cancer battle and revealed she fought a secret bout of breast cancer back in 2013

- Olivia Newton-John says she has been diagnosed with cancer for the third time in three decades.

The "Grease" actress is now fighting cancer in her back, stemming from a tumor at the base of her spine, she confirmed on Australia's "Sunday Night."

"I thought, "it's my life", and I just chose to keep it to myself", she explained in the interview.

Olivia was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1992, which she overcame.

She first confirmed at the end of May a year ago that she is battling the insidious disease again.

The actress said she was trying to stay positive over the diagnosis, saying "I live in this handsome place". I'd be lying if I said I never go there. "If I allow myself to go there, I could easily create that, you know, big fear".

The interview unveiled that Newton-John is eating healthily and undergoing radiation treatment to treat her cancer and taking cannabis oil for pain relief. I have nothing, really, to complain about, ' she told Australia's Sunday Night.

But despite her diagnosis, Olivia wants to remain positive about things, and refuses to feel sorry for herself.

Plant-medicine man: Olivia is supported by her husband John Easterling who grows medicinal marijuana for the cancer-stricken star at their Santa Barbara ranch

Last year, she was forced to cancel her tour after learning she had "breast cancer that [had] metastasised to the sacrum".

During an interview on U.S. television in 2017, Newton-John said she was grateful to still be able to sing and perform after so many years and thanked her fans.

"I'm one of millions in this fight".

"I'm still treating it, and I'm treating it naturally and doing really well", she shared. I see it as part of my mission.

She made a decision to keep the second cancer private. Tinctures. It's hard to say. they help with pain.

Opening up on their friendship and performing together, the star broke down in tears on camera and admitted: "When I look at her..."

"I feel so fortunate to have had the success I've had, and to do the wonderful things I do", she continued.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Interstate 5 to Remain Closed Until Further Notice, Caltrans Says
Sep 11, 2018 - 03:00
Cal Fire has requested extra money in seven of the past 10 years but never this early, according to the Department of Finance. The Mendocino Complex fire burned over 459,000 acres and is the largest wildfire in the modern California history.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Cop goes home to wrong apartment, kills man inside
Sep 10, 2018 - 10:00
Fellow Harding alum Romas Roberson said Jean's leadership was missed at the private liberal-arts school in Searcy, Arkansas. After graduating from the SALCC in 2010, he moved on to Harding University in Arkansas where he graduated in 2016.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Sweden Election: Ruling Party Scrapes A Win As Far-Right Gains Support
Sep 10, 2018 - 09:41
The governing party is still likely to be either the first-place center-left Social Democrats or the second-place center-right Moderate Party , the.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Texas officer arrested on manslaughter charge in man's death
Sep 10, 2018 - 07:40
Allison Jean , the mother of 26-year-old St Lucian national Botham Jean , wondered whether race was a factor in the killing. Also, the officer was not one of the people with Jean in a picture that has been circulating on social media, sources said.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Djokovic dismisses Del Potro to win U.S. Open
Sep 10, 2018 - 06:45
Djokovic was far superior to del Potro in the opening set, then dropped three consecutive games in the second to trail 4-3. It was even louder because of the closed roof over Arthur Ashe Stadium to keep out the rain.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Mercedes-Benz’s First EQ Electric Model is a Crossover
Sep 08, 2018 - 16:22
The firm is investing more than €10bn (£9bn) in the expansion of its electric range, and more than €1bn in battery production . Mercedes plans to assemble the EQC at its factory in Bremen, where the automaker also makes its best-selling C-Class sedan.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Alibaba’s Jack Ma To Retire To Focus on Philanthropy
Sep 08, 2018 - 16:10
According to the paper current CEO Daniel Zhang is a "candidate" to replace Ma, who plans to pursue philanthropy in education. He would take the company to astronomical heights and make it China's major e-commerce website in the years to come.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Section 377 and homosexuality: What the Supreme Court said | Read detailed judgment
Sep 08, 2018 - 10:32
Activists hope the scrapping of the ban will uphold the right to equality but many acknowledged that discrimination would persist. He also said that homosexuality can not be regarded as a mental disorder and gays have the right to live with dignity.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Liberty University could leave Nike after Colin Kaepernick ads, Falwell Jr. says
Sep 08, 2018 - 10:18
That percentage was down to 10 percent among millennials and 6 amongst Generation Z. Open champ, said the biggest victor might be the publicity sparked for Nike .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Djokovic eases past Nishikori to reach US Open final
Sep 08, 2018 - 08:58
Nadal's challenge looked doomed even as early as the first set, as he was feeling the injury after just four games, he admitted. An eighth final is within reach and to achieve that, the 31-year-old expects Nishikori to make him sweat - literally.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Mac Miller's Sudden Death Leaves Social Media in Shock
Sep 08, 2018 - 07:22
You know, I'm looking at the Internet and I already have my own feelings and emotions and thoughts about what I went through. The top song from his Swimming album, Ladders talked about finding success while in a slump.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump Demands NYT Turn Over Anonymous White House Critic
Sep 07, 2018 - 08:19
Mueller has asked the White House for access to Trump, and administration officials have negotiated for months over how that might happen.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top At least 2 dead, dozens missing after major natural disaster strikes Japan
Sep 07, 2018 - 08:14
A large quake has struck Japan's biggest northern island, Hokkaido, collapsing buildings and damaging critical infrastructure. The quake hit at 3:08 a.m., with the epicenter in the eastern Iburi district that stretches along the southwestern coast.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top 'That's Not Journalism, That's Clickbait': Gutfeld Slams Anonymous NYT Op-Ed
Sep 07, 2018 - 07:56
Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue said through a spokesman that he was not the author, either. UN Ambassador Nikki Haley told reporters she was not the author. "Come on!" said the host.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Cowboys offered second-rounder for Earl Thomas in last week
Sep 07, 2018 - 05:33
In Thomas' absence, the Seahawks have been preparing to start 2017 fourth-round pick Tedric Thompson at free safety. That has led to a stalemate that has had Seattle entertaining trade offers for Thomas since last spring.